This year's holidays were the most special ones yet, of course because we spent it with our sweet new addition! Bryson turned 4 months right before Thanksgiving. He began to talk more, smile all the time, LAUGH and roll over, it was all VERY exciting :) It is sooo fun when they are little, newborn babes, but it does get very exciting when they grow up and begin to interact with you more! I will always treasure the snuggle naps we had, the long walks we took and the sweet noises you (Bryson) made just a few days old, but at the same time I am wayyy excited about the future memories we will make together :) Babies really are the most beautiful gift from our Heavenly Father. They are treasures of gold that come to earth, pure of heart and full of selfless love. I know I have been forever changed because of my dear little boy. He is a wonderful example to me, and I hope I become more like him when I grow up. He truly is such an angel.♥
For thanksgiving, we headed back to Boise for fun with the Hessing crew. It is so precious to share these holidays with family and I am so grateful we are so close to Ben's. It is especially hard on holidays for me because I miss my own family so much, but it does heal the pain a little to enjoy these special times with those we love so dearly :) We headed north for our giving thanks celebration, where we went sledding, enjoyed good food and great company!
We had fun taking lots of shots of Bryson in his First Thanksgiving outfits from Grandma Eberly :)
Smile for the camera baby!!
Loves putting his figures in his mouth!
Sweet little turkey bum ;)
Lots of love from the fam!!
Then, the weekend before we headed back to Boise for Christmas, we had a little Christmas of our own, the first one together as our little family of three. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Eberly, we now can record life's precious moments (thanks for the wonderful gift, we just love it!) We opened presents until Bryson fell asleep on my lap, put him to sleep and then enjoyed a few sweet minutes together by our big, beautifully lit Christmas tree. It was a wonderful day!!
We finished up the semester and then headed back to Boise again for another round of Hessing festivities!
And then came the DAY, the one we all wait for all year round....CHRISTMAS!! It was a great day of warm thoughts, opening presents, yummy dinner and fond memories with our loved ones :) Ben and I bought Bryson his very first bouncer, which he now loves, but I really think he enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper more than any of his other toys..hahaha but watching him enjoy it was AmAziNg!!!
Bryson sure had a good time learning how to army crawl around Grandma and Grandpa Hessing's cabin!! He also got his first two front teeth (ironic, right?-you know, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!") He had his first try at solids too! Although Grandpa rather have his boy have some good grilled steak, we just gave him some yummy rice cereal instead. Seeing him grow so much over the break was soo neat. It's amazing how fast their little minds develop and how fast they become so VERY curious! I sure am going to have my hands full ;)
We rang in the New Year with a fun snowmobiling trip and scrumptious dinner with the Hessing's! Being up in the mountains is always a wonderful break from real life and this time was surely no different.
Happy New Year!!! Let the good times roll!!!




LYSS!! I'm so happy you have a blog! Oh i love you and your little family to bits :) Your holiday(s) looked just lovely! I'm guessing it was a video camera you got from your parents...how awesome! :) Loved the pictures...keep 'em coming!
ReplyDelete<3 you spike!